Saturday, April 19, 2008

To Have & To Have Not

At this time next week I will be back in the states. It's crazy to think about. I have been told everything will feel strange and somewhat foreign going back home. Although, I can't really imagine that being true. Leaving Barcelona is going to be so tough. I have said that studying abroad is somewhat like going away to freshman year of college, except you don't get to come back. However, at the same time there are somethings I am gonna be happy to go home to. Besides the biggies, like family and friends, here are some of the things I am looking forward to coming home to and the things I am going to miss the most.

Things I will be looking forward to coming home to:
>Good tap water
>The dollar
>12hour clocks
>American clothing sizes
>English speaking men
>normal sized beds and pillows
>having a cell phone
>saran wrap in sturdy cardboard

Things that I am going to miss dearly:
>The sun
>The metro, L7
>Plaça Joaquim Folguera
>Spanish tortilla
>Spanish men
>Legally being able to go to bars
>Hearing Spanish everyday
>Being able to use Spanish phrases all day and people not thinking its annoying
>City life & being able to do something new, fun and exciting everyday
>Everything...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hey there!

You just about hit the nail on the head with things that I miss from Barcelona! I loved the tapas, the architecture around every corner, the friendly locals talking to me in Spanish (and me answering them in Spanish) my Spanish classes with students from 5 countries at least, my classmates and my roommates. the extensive walking that I did to every destination whether it be 5 minutes or 40 minutes, the museums, the parks, and as you said… doing something exciting EVERY day! I miss it all…Barcelona is an awesome city! I have been there twice so far… and plan to return as soon as I can!
:)